The first CAS Aquaticon Calgary 2018 was held on Saturday, February 3, 2018 at Montgomery Community Center from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm. We had 21 vendor/sponsors participate in the event that had approximately 800 to 1000 guests attend the event purchasing fish, plants, corals, and equipment from 18 vendors who had items for sale to the public. Unfortunately, the weather didn’t cooperate but many diehard people who attended the event picked up some great deals. We had many great comments from both the vendors and members of the public and are looking forward to having a second Aquaticon in 2019.
Our gold sponsors were Pisces Pets, J & J Marine Life, and R & L Aquariums. Our silver sponsors were Concept Aquariums, Wai’s Aquarium, LH Aquatics, B & I Aquariums, KMB Aquariums, Quick Grow, and Western Canadian Furnace Ltd. Thanks to these sponsors who made the first Annual Aquaticon Calgary a success.
We would also like to thank the vendors who participated in the first annual Aquaticon Calgary. I would also like to thank the CAS committee members that spent a huge amount of time and energy to put on this event. The committee chairs were Al H and Paul P. The members of the committee were Fred G, Daniel K, Irene G, Jay, V, Len H, Jim J. I would also like to thank all the CAS volunteers who gave up their time to help on the day of the event to make it run smoothly.
If you are interested in being on the next Aquaticon Calgary Committee please contact the CAS president for further details.
Submitted by Al Holm Chair Aquaticon Calgary 2018
Aquaticon Calgary 2018
The buzz is growing about Aquaticon – key sponsors have been secured and the list of vendors is growing daily with a wide variety of items available for sale. New vendors are approaching the committee to secure the final spaces. Stay tuned to this page as we will be updating the unique items for sale on a regular basis.
For the freshwater enthusiast:
- We will have a variety of aquatic plants. Rooted and floating varieties; Easy to grow along with challenging plants for the intermediate to advanced hobbyist.
- Expect to see for sale a wide variety of tropical fish and invertebrates – many bred locally as well as some specially imported for this show:
- African Cichlids
- Livebearers (Guppies, Swordtails, Platies and more)
- Exotic Bettas
- Fancy angelfish
- Freshwater shrimp
- Along with the fish and plants look for accessories such as:
- Driftwood and decorative stone
- Water conditioners – Indian Almond Leaves, Thai Banana Leaves and more
- Plecostomus caves
- Live fish food – fruit flies, Daphnia, Moina, Microworms and much more
- Frozen fish food – brine shrimp, blood worms
- Dry Fish food – pellets and flake
For the Saltwater enthusiast:
- There will be a number of coral frag vendors selling a variety of easy to grow corals to varieties which are for the advanced hobbyist.
- You will also find a huge selection of each of the following:
- Large polyp stony corals
- Small polyp stony corals
- Possibly the sale of marine fish (dependent on the weather) such as varieties of clown anemone fish.
- Algae such as Cheatomorpha, Caulerpa
- Live food – phytoplankton, rotifers, copopods
For the Terrarium keeper we have a vendor selling Aquatic Frogs
If you would like to be a vendor at the Aquaticon please contact:
Al Holm 403 613-0692 or Paul Price 403 651-3426