Details of rules and how it works.
The jar show competition is a great way to display your faviourite fish and show club members what nice fish you have. Points are awarded for all fish/plants etc. displayed. First, second and third place awards are given out for each category along with the best fish in competition. Each entry receives points which are tallied at the end of the year for the Jar Show trophy presented at the December meeting.
How to participate:
- Each month the jar show classes are published in The Calquarium.
- Bring your fish in a flat-sided container.
- Only one fish per container.
- You can enter a maximum of 3 fish per class.
- Add some gravel, cover the back of the tank with a backing of your choice.
- See the jar show chairperson and she/he will direct you where to display your entry.
- The general membership will vote during the meeting and winners will be announced at the end of the meeting.
- Points are awarded as follows:
1st Place – 5 points
2nd Place – 3 points
3rd Place – 2 points
1 point is awarded for every entry in the jar show
1 additional point will be awarded to the best entry in the show
Upcoming Jar Shows:
|January 9, 2018||All Livebearers (Except Guppies)|
|February 13, 2018||African & Madagascar Cichlids|
|March 13, 2018||Characoids and Cyprinidae (except Carp, Goldfish and Koi)|
|April 10, 2018||Catfish (except Plecos)|
|May 8, 2018||Killifish and Loaches|
|June 12, 2018||Koi and Goldfish (includes fancy and comets)|
|September 11, 2018||Plecos and Birchirs|
|October 9, 2018||Guppies and Labyrinth Fish|
|November 13, 2018||New World Cichlids|