CAS was founded in 1951! We are a registered non-profit organization.
- the study of aquatic life
- the encouragement of the hobby of fish keeping
- the provision of a library on ichthyology and subjects related to the hobby
- the publishing of books, papers, and periodicals related to the hobby
- to provide for recreation of members and promote and afford opportunity for social activity
All members receive the CAS journal, The Calquarium, eleven times a year. The Calquarium is regarded as one of the finest aquarium club journals, and it regularly wins or places in the Federation of American Aquarium Societies' competition for best club publication.
The Calquarium is published monthly, but only once in July & August. It contains articles by our members, as well as reprinted articles from other clubs' journals. These articles deal with all aspects of the aquarium hobby (a subject index is online). It also contains original artwork contributed by our members. And all members are welcome to advertise hobby-related items they may have for sale in The Calquarium, free of charge.
WE ARE INTERESTED IN PUBLISHING YOUR ARTICLES AND ARTWORK!
Please contact Jerry Yaremko, The Calquarium Editor for more information.
Board of Directors (2012-2013)
Back to top ^